Credits HEREI have very few photos from my childhood. I grew up in the age of slide film, my childhood viewing was an adventure that involved a projector, a screen and the joy of staying up late. So the few black and white prints that I do have are precious, even though they are yellowing, often poor photographs and none of them are dated. My mum thinks that I am about 8 years old in this shot... I am perched on top of the swing frame in our backyard. I can still remember how high this felt, how I could see over all the fences for what felt like miles... to me it felt like I was on top of the world.
3 comments:
What a great gift that you have this picture! My husband's mother gave me a plastic grocery sack of 20 or so loose photos from his childhood when we were married. They quickly went into an album for safekeeping. And I love looking through my mother's albums.
Great layout!
Oh this is precious. You could scan the slides/negatives (or have them scanned)... fairly inexpensive process now!
I have a scanner to do it but it is much less painful to take it to a store. Just find a quality store ;)
I constantly shake my head that my Mum insists on whipping out the Kodak easy share... I am here MUM I HAVE A 5D and this is what I do for a living.. chill.. ha but.. looking at her photos.. i realised recently.. lochie will now also have a set of the bad crappy HOME photos everyone has (the ones i strive not to take!).. the ones with the sauce bottle in the background and the mess and crap all around.. which in years to come.. we might all treasure because it will show the stuff of life.
Firstly Jodie, you know how I have an absolute love of scrapping my childhood, so I was very excited to see your page of you, brilliant page.
I highly recommend investing in a scanner that scans slides, it's a very easy process as I've found out with my brother's scanners, it scans 4 slides at once. If you've got a lot of slides that you want to preserve, it's a great investment in your history.
Post a Comment