Thursday, October 16, 2008

Focus...


Credits HERE

Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty person? I like to think that I am a glass half full type, but sometimes I just get caught up in the negative stuff. I love my kids and I love being a Mum, but it challenges me like nothing else in life ever has. My two, like all kids, fight, they bicker over silly things and there are times when it appears that they really can stand the sight of each other. And I will admit that there are days when it totally does my head in. Days when I think I cannot bear to listen to one more argument. But there are also moments, like the one above, where they are best of friends, when they sing and dance together, share secrets and their love for one and other shines through. So this morning, I am focusing on the good stuff... my munchkins happily watching TV together, the sun shining, some rain last night, fresh coffee and thick chunky slices of raisin toast for breakfast. If you just shift your focus, well there is always something good.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yikes, Jodie, I'm so the cup's half full that it's overflowing. Always must look on the bright side. Always must see the fun in a situation. Yes, as you know I've had a few dark patches these past 12 months, but sometimes you need that to really truly appreciate the bright spots.

What a brilliant page this is.