Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bare...


Sort of how things feel around here at the moment... stripped back, bare... we are focusing on just keeping our heads above water and just doing the necessary stuff.
It's cold, and damp and dreary... and have I mentioned before that I don't really like winter? Well I don't! Well that's not entirely accurate, I like winter from a lazy weekend perspective, snuggling in bed late in the morning, staying inside by the heater, hot coffee and warm curries. I don't like winter when it is about early mornings, fog and ice, standing outside in the rain at the kids sports and shivering through my daily errands.
The munchkins are on holidays this week, Mr J had a cold last week, Miss B has one this week. Luckily we don't have anywhere we need to be, so we are cocooning in pj's and slippers, watching lots of dvd's, listening to the girl trying to cough her lungs up and hoping next week everyone is feeling better.

2 comments:

katef said...

ah I am so with you.. don't like winter... wish I could snuggle in front of a DVD with you guys. Bugger about the coughing though!

Carol said...

Oh dear, the poor kidlets. I am so not a winter person either. The other day I was at the train station and everyone looked gloomy, no one was in bright colours, it was all blacks and greys and all very sombre. For that fact alone I don't like this weather.