Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Worried about nothing...
Let me start by saying that I love Bianca with all my heart and soul. She is a sweet, affectionate, adorable child and my greatest pride and joy.
If you are a regular reader of this blog (hi Sharon, I think you are the only one! LOL) or have seen some of my layouts you are probably also aware that Bianca is strong willed, stubborn and determined. Nothing or no one can force this girl to do something she doesn't want to do, and believe me we have tried just about everything. She is a totally different child to her brother and there are days when I find her quite challenging. There are days when I doubt my ability to parent her properly. The dreaded "terrible twos" never happened with Jacob, but Bianca was three in December and will still throw herself on the ground and protest LOUDLY if she is not happy. I am hoping that its just a stage... probably wishful thinking I know. I would have to say that she is improving as she is getting older but it is a slow process.
So when Jacob's school rostered me on for parent help on Wednesdays, NOT the one day that Bianca is in child care, I was very apprehensive. Sure Bianca had come along when I helped out in Kinder, but there were lots of toys, she could wander around freely, pretty much do her own thing. Jacob has a wonderful Prep teacher and she has a very disciplined class. Not easy with a room full of five year olds I'm sure. "Sure you can bring Bianca along" she said. I just kept thinking you have only seen her on a good day.
So today was the day! With much trepidation, I packed her a snack, she packed her favourite stuffed rabbit and I thought well we can only try. I needn't have worried! We arrived at school, picked up a visitor tag for myself, Bianca and the rabbit, helped Jacob unpack his bag and then she promptly went and sat quietly on the mat. So far so good. She said good morning when the teacher added her name to the end of roll call, asked which table she could sit at, spent half an hour drawing, played the tamborine in music lesson, had a snack with the class at recess and then cried when we had to leave. I was so proud... and so relieved. As we are going out the door with her crying the teacher came over to say she could come back again anytime... so of course now she wants to go tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jodie, it is the strong-willed children that grow up to be leaders, and movers and shakers ... hang in there, she will probably save the world. So happy that she had a good day at school with you ... and hope she can repeat it next time, lol! :)
Post a Comment